There are a number of types of label applicators, and if you are specifically looking to label bottle products, then the wrap labeling type might just be what you need. These wrap labeler machines apply the labels by rolling them onto the container surface, and the labels they cater to are generally more straightforward than other types of labels (e.g., shrink-wrap labels). The wrap-around label also covers the circumference of your bottle/container, providing you more space for the contents of your label.
Wrap Around Labeler
Any business, big or small, is represented by the product labels on whatever product they have. All the planning and effort that goes into these product labels are well worth it as long as it gets the attention of the consumer. This then leads to new sales and business opportunities for the company. But no matter how great that label is, one thing is for sure: if it’s not placed properly on the product, it ain’t gonna look good.
But you may argue that some people find a lopsided label quite charming and homey. However, cute as it may seem, it certainly doesn’t scream future-professional-big-business, now does it? And how many products are you willing to label by hand? Although a business may start out with hand labeling their products, as the company grows, having this crucial part of the process automated or even semi-automated, is the natural next step, not only to help ease your burden as the manufacturer but also to maintain that labeling accuracy that you most certainly want to have in your production.
There’s a myriad of things to consider about your label. What material is your label made of? What kind of container are you going to use? How will you apply said label to this container? Once you and your supplier have figured these things out, you can then move on to your next step: figuring out what kind of label applicator you’re going to use.
Wrap Labeling Machine
Whatever wrap labeler you choose, you will need to understand the following factors and how you will go about with the kind of label you will use:
- Size of the container
- The shape of the container
- Number of labels to be applied
- Location of the wrap label for your container
- Production speed
Once you’ve worked out the kinks of your label and have fully figured out their placement on your containers, you then have to consider whether you want the manual, semi-automatic, or fully automatic type of wrap labeler machine.
- Manual wrap labelers usually have a smaller blueprint and so are often also seen as tabletop wrap labelers. They dispense the labels with a roller which you can drag or spin manually over your container in order to apply the label uniformly. These are for smaller rolls for a smaller production line (from 500 to 1000 labels per hour) and are reliant on a person to operate the wrap around labeler machine.
- Semi-automatic labelers may also have a smaller blueprint but are usually larger than their manual counterparts. There are a variety of these kinds of labeling machines that may be operated by the use of a foot pedal and some may even have sensors to automatically determine when a new bottle is inserted into the machine. Depending on the complexity of your semi-automatic label applicator, you may find that the need for personnel to handle the machine may be less demanding, and for the employee, it certainly is a lot less difficult to operate than a manual wrap labeler.
These semi-automatic labeling machines can apply about 1200 to 1800 labels per hour, depending on the type of label you use but usually wrap-around labels are easier to apply, and therefore, fully labeled products can be churned out at a faster rate.
- Fully Automatic Wrap Labelers are designed for large-scale businesses and can label an impressive number of products within an hour. These machines do, however, still require a skilled technician to operate them as these machines tend to be a bit more fickle than their manual or even semi-automatic peers. If your business has a need for a high-speed production line, however, then these beasts of a machine are certainly perfect for you.
Whichever wrap labeler you settle on, you will find just how much more time you’ll have back, seeing as how you just made your life a whole lot easier with your choice of LabelOn™ label applicator machine.
LabelOn™ Mini Synergy – Wrap Labeler
This wrap labeler accurately places 85% Wrap Labels Option to Label Flat Sided Containers.
Economical small footprint, in-line labeler recommended for up to 85%* wrap on round products. Flat Face Labeling Kit for product bases and flat-sided product labeling (one face).
Wrap Around Label Applicator Features:
- A Synchronized Wrap Belt (No fiddling with speed settings)
- Up to 85% Wrap Around Recommended (more possible)
- Facility to add Batch or date coding (option)
- Flat face labeling kit (Option: Products up to 11 ” in height)
- Color Touch Screen Controls with Memory Settings
- Speed Synchronisation
- Adjustable Height of Label Placement
- Labeling Accuracy ¹/₁₆ “
Labeling Machine Specifications:
- Nominal Footprint size (L) 40 ” (W) 49 ” (H) 26 ”
- Bottle/Jar Body height of 1 ” to 6 ” tall
- Bottle Diameter ½ ” to 4 ” (Standard)
- Label Web of ½ ” to 4 ¾ ” (Standard with options up to 6 “)
- Labeling accuracy +/- ¹/₁₆ ”
- Label Roll Core 3 ” (inner diameter)
- Label Roll Capacity 15 ” (outer diameter) – That’s Huge !!
- Power Single Phase 110v 50/60Hz – 800W
- Label Head stepper motor
- SUS#304 stainless steel and anodized aluminum construction
Labeling Equipment Function:
- For general round wrap labeling – Accurately place 85% Wrap Labels
Option to Label Flat-Sided Containers!
- Hot Foil Coder for in-line Date or Batch codes
- Overhead Conveyor Belt for Flat Sided Labeling
- Transparent label sensor for clear labels
- Taller Label Head
- Wider Conveyor
At LabelOn™ we have listened to the market very carefully. Small Labeling Machines need to operate like our Larger Labelling machines.
The Mini Labeling machines need to get out a good level of production volume, accurately and (*importantly*) with the ease of set up found on our bigger LabelOn™ Basic labeling machines.
Our Small Labelling Machines have Touch panel controls and Synchronized Motor Speeds.
When you have Mini Labelling Machines with the features we have packed into our Bottle Labelling Machines you have Labelling Machines that require a much lower *operator skill set * than the skill set required to operate Small Labelling Machines that fail to include the features of the LabelOn™ Mini Synergy Range of Small Labeling Machines.